And what is more exciting is I'm in Canada and these books were sent to me from Australia! I would like to send a huge, heart felt thanks to writer BELINDA J of Australia for sending me the following books and DVD:
- And Kangaroo Played His Didgeridoo - by Nigel Gray - illustrated by Glen Singleton
- When Henery Caught Imaginitis - by Nick Bland
- Henry and Amy (Right-way-round and upside down) - by Stephen Michael King
- Mutt Dog - by Stephen Michael King
- The Pocket Dogs - by Margaret Wild - illustrated by Stephen Michael King
- Za-za's Baby Brother - by Lucy Cousins
- Let's Read DVD and posters
Belinda and I only know each other through twitter.
Belinda, I was over joyed when I received the package and overwhelmed by your generosity. One of the conditions to be met for these families to qualify for these homes is they must be prepared to contribute hundreds of hours of Sweat Equity (work on the home.) Children of the families can contribute to these Sweat Equity hours by keeping their grades up. Books, such as these, and reading will help them achieve this goal and more in life.
Interested in donating a book to the book drive? Please email me at email@example.com or visit me on twitter @auntieflamingo for more information.
Your help is needed. We need books for children of all ages