My Bleeding Ink Bio Explained

Saturday, July 14, 2012
Did you see my bio in Bleeding Ink - A Collection of Dark Tales? If so, you probably have some questions about it. Bios are suppose to be true. Well, let me explain.

"Madeline Barr haunts Southern Ontario"Yes, I'm in Southern Ontario, alive. I don't think I need to expand on that.

"...the keeper of critters..."I have a pet guinea pig name Beanie and a leopard gecko named Amigo. I love my critters. Sorry, no gremlin or demons.

"and the breaker of bones."Um ya, this one takes a little explaining. You could see it as I break wishbones, as most of us have. I've also broken a few of my bones....and....I broke someone else's bone. Ok wait, let me explain. He was a friend..oh, I guess that didn't help. It was an innocent accident. We were teenagers pushing each other into the snow banks and when I shoved him he slipped on some ice and broke his arm. He was our school's drummer and he was unable to play at the Christmas concert. He never blamed me and he forgave me. Though I did get razzed about it for years.

"...When possessed, she writes articles about lizards or ghosts..."
Writing is not my full time job. I have a day job and when the feeling strikes, I write. I like to write. I had a children's non-fiction article about Amigo, my lizard, published in WeeOnes magazine and one article I wrote about ghosts for the Perspective newsletter was recognized by local news paper.

"...conjure up the occasional sci-fi poem..."
Bleeding Ink was not the first sci-fi poem I've had published. I've had one previously published in Scifaikuest in November 2009 and another will be published again in Scifaikuest in August 2012.

So there you have it. My creepy bio broken down into not so freaky facts. Don't be too disappointed, I do have a mysterious dark side that very few know about. Hang around, you'll see it when I feel possessed to reveal it.

0 comments:

Post a Comment