I'm disappointed and relieved at the same time. Disappointed because I want to do it, but relieved because I didn't think I would be ready by March.
So, to fix that, here's what I did.
I've set some new goals and taken action!
- I finally bought new running shoes that I love, love love! (I'll post about those later.)
- I've started to go jogging again.
- I plan to jog at least three days a week. Either outside or on the treadmill.
- I'm going to time myself at the 5k Run for a Cure next month. Donations to support my run and help fight against breast cancer can be made at www.runforthecure.com/goto/madeline
- I'll sign up for a timed 5k race somewhere.
- I'm going to look for another 10k race to do in the future. Maybe early Spring.
Learning a New Sport
- Remember that new sport I was talking about? It's hockey! Yes, I have signed up for women's hockey! Yup. I'm pretty sure I am a little crazy.
- I'm going to blog about hockey here and add the label "hockey @ 40". Note: I am not 40, yet, but I'm sneaking up on it.
- I've started my final course for my Technical Writing certificate. Technical Editing. Should be done by the end of October. I'm very excited!
- I'm blogging more.
And today, I am going to try to set some realistic writing goals, other than bloggin and my course. I need to pick one thing, focus on it, and follow it through to the end.
So, there you have it. Watch for posts labeled "hockey @ 40", I'm sure they are going to be entertaining.