Four Tactics to Reach Your Goals

Sunday, January 5, 2014
It's almost the end of day one of the Start the Year Off Write challenge and I haven't started. Well, that's not entirely true. It more accurate to say I haven't finished. I have a thought and a title....and then I got side tracked. BUT I was side tracked by this video on How Successful People Reach Their Goals.

Fitting, no?

Watch it with me...


Now, let's take Heidi Grant Halvorson's tactics and apply them to today's writing prompt.

I'm going to:

  • Write a paragraph outlining the beginning, middle and end of my story.
  • Finish my paragraph in the next half hour.
  • Not let the story gaps stop me from finishing. I can improve on the story at a later date.
  • I will not think about white bears.

I better get to work so I can successfully reach my goal. How about you?

UPDATE Jan. 6th: I was successful in writing the paragraph and completing the writing challenge for day 1.

0 comments:

Post a Comment